Thursday, February 21, 2008
Flying Solo.........
Well, it looks like I will be leaving for Ethiopia on March 22nd (my 25th birthday)flying to DC to spend the night and then leaving Sunday morning to head to Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. As many of you know, I will be going to Ethiopia by myself........after much discussion Blake and I decided that we just couldn't afford the extra $2000 for an additional plane ticket :( I told Blake that we could put it on a credit card if he wanted, but he said that more debt is not what we need right now.....and he's right. I asked my sister, brother, and best friend if one of them wanted to go with me.....but they all have school....so it looks like I will be a loner on this journey. It makes me sad that Blake will not be with me when I meet our new baby for the first time.....and I am a little scared to go it alone...but I will have courage for my new baby boy. I think that I will be traveling with at least one other family, so hopefully they can help me with taking pictures of my first meeting with Baby Gibson Sisay. As soon as I officially get my iteniary, I will post it for everyone :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
You won't be totally alone. All of us will be together. Where are you staying?
Don't worry about it. It will all turn out ok. :) Boy, March 22nd is soon, isn't it (I know it probably doesn't feel soon, t hough)
By the way, I am pretty sure that Getachew will be there with you when you meet baby Sisay and he is great at taking pictures and video. He is awesome!
It's great to have travel dates! Way to go on not going into debt for this, you'll feel great about that when you get back. There will be lots of adoptive families on the plane on the way there and I'm sure an AAI family will be there when you're there. You will have a fabulous time. And, a plus to Blake staying home, your other kids will be well taken care of and not all out of whack when you get back! (trust me, that's a great thing)
You know John and I will be there and will be happy to help you with beautiful little Gibson Sisay!
Hi,
Great news about a travel date. That came quickly (now if only some of the referrals would come quickly). Well, maybe it was not quick to you :)
Who all will be traveling w/ you? Do you know where you will be staying?
It is fun being excited for all of you that passed court!
What a great birthday gift. By the looks of things you will have a few people to travel with...that makes me happy. Can't wait to meet the newest addition to our family.
Post a Comment