Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Choosing a country....

Choosing a country came a little easy to us because we were too young for alot of the country requirements. For alot of countries you have to be 25 and for China you have to be 30, and seeing as how we’re only 23 and 24 it kind of narrowed our selection. We were eligible for Guatemala, Vietnam, and Ethiopia. We found the Guatemala programs to be very very expensive with all agencies. The Vietnam program seemed good, but we just have a special place in our hearts for Africa. My grandparents lived in the Sudan for a few years when I was a little girl and I have had an interest in Africa ever since. The continent of Africa as a whole needs help, and I know that adopting one baby is not going to make a difference for the whole country…..but just think of the difference that it is going to make for that child. And if we can inspire other families to adopt, not just from Africa, but from any country that has orphans that need homes, then our adoption journey might make a difference in the world.

No comments: