Wednesday, September 19, 2007
The Paperchase...........
The paper work that must be completed for an international adoption is UNBELIEVABLE! We had to get forms upon forms filled out from doctors, employers, friends, family, social workers, police, and state officials. It’s funny how anyone is allowed to have a baby of their own; teenagers, drug addicts, criminals……anyone. But for us to adopt a baby that needs a home we have to go through background checks, TB tests, income verification, employment verification, fingerprinting, HIV testing, home inspection, and even an up close and personal account of our marriage. I understand that they want babies to go to good homes, but look at the contrast……….. A fourteen year old girl can have a baby; without a family, without money, without anything………but my husband and I have to jump through freakin Homeland Security just to give an orphan a good home. But, on the other hand………I understand………
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment