Sunday, December 30, 2007
My Grandfather Died.....
This morning my mom called and told me that my Granddaddy had died. He wasn't very old...I think he was about 65 or so.......but my Grandmother died about 10 years ago and he hadn't been the same since then..... It was as if a part of his heart was missing......and now they can finally be together again. I can only imagine how wonderful it was for my Granddaddy to fly home to heaven and not only be in the presence of God, but to see his true love again. Neither of them burdened by cancer, diabetes, or lung disease......both of them strong and happy.....forever. They're probably listening to the choir and dancing the jitter-bug as we speak. I loved them both....and they will both be missed every day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
I am sorry for your loss but I really like your take on the situation. I felt the same when when my grandfather left suddenly...he had a wonderful life and was never ill.
I'm so sorry Chelsea. I will keep your family in my prayers.
So sorry.....
I'm sorry Chelsea for your loss. I know this is difficult for you. My grandfather is very sick right now and it is so heart breaking! I'll keep you in my prayers :-)
I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your grandfather.
I am sorry for your loss. I will keep your family in my prayers.
I also got this email from CAFE Kids and thought of you so wanted to copy a little bit of a post since you will be traveling by yourself
I traveled by myself in February this year and never even questioned my safety. Now, I didn't do anything foolish to put my self into any questionable situations and I did keep a wary eye out for trouble. However, Ethiopians LOVE Americans. Ethiopian people are the kindest, most generous and humble people I have ever met. I would not hesitate to return at all. In fact, it is one of my deepest desires to return and stay for several months doing missions. My kids still have relatives living there too.
I'm so sorry about your loss Chelsea. Your grandparents sound just like mine with the dancing. Picturing them together and dancing helped ease my pain when I lost my grandmother last year.
I am so sorry for your loss.
we are keeping you guys in our thoughts and prayers...
Chelsea,
So sorry for your loss...I know the love a grandparent can be priceless and your grandfather was a protector over all of his family...especially the grandchildren...if I had to guess. That was apparent when he came down here before you moved here to "Check us out" to make sure Mr. Blake was "The One". As a grandparent now I can tell you that we want the "Best" for our children and "Better than the Best for their children".
You are in my thoughts and prayers.
Post a Comment